Sunday, December 26, 2010

GAME PLAN...Looking Back and Looking Ahead

Looking back upon my GAME Plan and the NET-s standards, I find that I have found a way for myself and (sadly) my classroom to get out of the rut we have been in the last few years. I used to do more project-based lessons earlier in my career before the emphasis on standardized tests became the goal. This goal of teaching students to be able to pass tests instead of teaching them how to learn has gone by the wayside. This course and learning about the components of the GAME Plan have showed me how I can do both at the same time. Using the GAME Plan to set goals for myself reinforced how important it is for my students to set goals for themselves. I had fun creating my content unit plan and I want to create more in the months ahead. Instead of sitting back and whining about the lack of technology (no Smart board or classroom clickers), I should integrate the available technology and become better at teaching it to my students.

Looking ahead, I have a new GAME Plan to develop. Goal #1 - to incorporate the existing technology into one lesson per week. Goal #2 - start finding/developing lessons for that Smart board I will have one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment